Online Zoom Lectures
Hutton House uses the Zoom platform to teach online courses. Zoom can be downloaded and installed on your computer or mobile device such as an iPad, cell phone or laptop. The logo for zoom is blue with a white video camera icon. You only have to install Zoom once. You can visit http://zoom.us/test to give Zoom a free test before the lecture begins.
How to Register:
- Register online by credit card in a web browser at: https://webapps3.liu.edu/HuttonHouse
- When purchasing a class, you must provide an email address for us to send you course information.
- Paper registrations and checks are not available at this time.
- For each online class you purchase using a credit card, you will receive a short “Webinar Registration” form to complete. Upon submission, you will receive a “Thank you for registering” email with the link and password to take the class.
- Each course has its own unique Zoom link. For multiple session courses, you will use the same Zoom link each week for that particular course.
- Only one individual may sign up per class. We ask that you do not share the link and password with non-registered students. Attendance will be taken for each class.
- If you are experiencing any issues accessing your class via Zoom, please contact us at HuttonHouse@liu.edu or call 516-299-2580
How Do I Join My Zoom Class?
- Find the email from HuttonHouse@liu.edu with the subject line: “Hutton House Course Confirmation”
- Click on the link provided and type in the password.
- You will be admitted into the classroom a few minutes before the start of the class.
- All students will be muted in the virtual classroom. That means you will hear the instructor and only the instructor. If called upon during a Q&A, you will be unmuted to ask your question or an administrator will ask the question you write in the chat box. For smaller class sizes, the instructor may allow for more interaction with other students and open the microphone and video functions.
Refund Policy for Zoom Lectures: Once you register for a Zoom lecture, you have agreed to use our online format. No refunds or credits are available. If LIU cancels a course before the course has begun, you will receive credit for future use. Due to the high volume of participants in our lecture series, we are unable to provide refunds.